Board Meeting of March 12, 2008
Dan Sullivan, Mike Cavalear, Lisa Stoyle, Jen Hardy, Dave Carter, Cathi Quigg, Chuck Pulselli, Dave Bostwick, Gary Parker, Bill Keeler, Ed Denehey, Bill Mello, Mike Tropeano, Ralph Perrotto, Erin Fletcher, Paul Allen, Fran Squatrito
Minutes from February 13, 2008 meeting were reviewed. REPORT ACCEPTED.
Ralph Perrotto reported. Mike Singelton, Mass Youth Soccer Dir. of Coaching will meet with Board at 4/9/2008 meeting. Feedback form will be emailed to all Board members to return to Mike via email prior to next meeting.
Pictures will be on 4/5 and 4/12. All U6 pictures will be on 4/12.
Uniforms will be distributed on 3/29 during field clean-up along with picture order forms, first aid kits and calendar raffles.
Field clean-up will be on 3/29 at 9am.
Lisa Stoyle presented and reviewed a handout with income/expenses for 7/1/07-3/12/08. Deposit paid on uniforms. PYS billed for damage to porta potty. REPORT ACCEPTED.
COACHING EDUCATION REPORT
Ralph Perrotto reported. E course is being held with 20 participants.
Fran Squatrito reported. Coastal books should be out before season starts. If not, the information will be on the Coastal website. The high school age teams are still being put together. Trying to find another town to place the Pembroke girls with.
REFEREE COORDINATOR REPORT
Bill Tholen reported. Bill has been certified as an "Official Assignor" with Mass Youth Soccer. Currently we have 34 Grade 9 refs and 19 grade 8 refs.
Program to become a NE Revolution team partner. Provides benefits/perks to our program for a cost of $600. Board decided not to participate.
DEAN SCHNEIDER CLINICS
Dean would like to hold clinics this spring for coaches and players at no charge.
Until Cow Bingo on 4/26, we will not know how much has been raised.
Once weather improves the parking lot will be lined in time for first game.
Currently registered U10B-10, U10G-16, U8G-6, U8B-6.
Target Date for return of raffle tickets is May 3rd. Raffle tickets will be turned into coordinators not at the snack bar. Each team should have a parent take charge of raffle. Need to push higher participation.
Dave Bostwick presented information about a fundraising opportunity for bricking an area in front of the snack bar. Bricks would be purchased and inscribed with text. Dave and Mike Cavalear will investigate further and report back to the Board at a later date.
Dave Carter reported there are no patches left for use at tournaments. Lisa Stoyle will look into pricing.
NEXT MEETING April 9, 2008