Board Meeting of June 13, 2007

ATTENDEES
Dave Carter, Dan Sullivan, Fran Squatrito, Bill Tholen, Ralph Perotta, Jen Hardy, John Graziano, Paul Allen, Jim Campbell, Gary Parker, Lisa Stoyle, John Trudeau, Mike Tropeano, Bill Keeler.

SECRETARY'S REPORT
Minutes from May 2007 meeting were reviewed and accepted. Dave mentioned he was not able to do the U10 survey discussed at the last meeting.
Reports ACCEPTED.

OLD BUSINESS

CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS UPDATE
Dave Carter and Gary Parker gave an update on the field leveling plan. Perk test scheduled for June 27th. Gary Parker will meet with Board of Health to get $150 fee waived. June 28th meeting with School Committee to get formal approval. Suggested to email out to general membership regarding school committee meeting.

SPRING CALENDAR RAFFLES:
Grossed $7,500, which is $1,000 more than last year. About $6,500 net.

U6-U7-U8 JAMBOREE
Mike Tropeano to order U7/U8 trophies and U6 medals. Mike will also talk to baseball about coordinating schedules.

REGISTRAR'S REPORT
August 1st is the target to have numbers in order to place fall uniform order.

COACHING EDUCATION REPORT
Planning for a G course over Labor Day weekend. NSCAA is having keeper coaching courses in Newton. Regarding PTUSA U10 clinics this past spring, had a few responses to survey which were positive. Big question is whether we even have the field space to attempt this in the fall.

COASTAL REPORT
Fran reported that B1 and C1 girls contenders for playoffs. Coastal staying at 7v7 for U10s. 6v6 was under consideration but many Coastal members have concerns regarding field size. Coastal interested in future U12 playoff games being held in Pembroke if we could dedicate two fields.

REF COORDINATOR REPORT
Dave presented a report from Mr. Ng. Discussed some issues of the past season related to coaches' conduct. Issue of refs not reporting incidents. Feeling is that if we made reports mandatory, then the refs would give us more feedback and we'd be better informed. Online forms as an option discussed. We should consider a new Ref Payment card with a spot to rate player, spectator, and coach behavior. Bill Tholen to confirm whether we have Ref report forms available on the website.

SAFETY COMMITTEE
Provided outline of "Safety and Emergency Tips for Coaches" (work in progress)

TREASURER'S REPORT:
Treasurer's Report does not include money from 2007/2008 walk-in registrations. $8,220 in internet registration money received so far. $68,000 in bank not counting 2007/2008 money. $12,000 to finish season. Snack Bar to explore selling excess inventory to baseball. Mike Tropeano to call baseball.
Report ACCEPTED.

NEW BUSINESS

2007/2008 COORDINATORS
Board approved the following age group coordinators for the 2007/2008 season.
U6 - Mike Tropeano, U7 - John Graziano, U8 - Dave Carter, BU10 - Deb Bostwick, GU10 - Colleen Wainwright, BU12 - Dan Sullivan, GU12 - Mike Cavalear, BU14 - Jen Hardy, GU14 - Jim Campbell.

SCORPIONS SOCCER CLUB
Discussed the issue of renting the fields vs field damage. It was suggested that we should have a new position of Field Coordinator.

SPRING SEASON FIELD DAY
Field Day to be held next Saturday to close down fields for summer. Bill Keeler reported that the sprinkler company that installed the system is retiring. Proposal from Don Musial to do sprinkler work at rate of $35/hour/man. Accepted.

MEETING ADJOURNED
9:00 PM
NEXT MEETING August 8, 2007