Board Meeting of May 9, 2007

ATTENDEES
Dave Carter, Fran Squatrito, Cathi Quigg, Bill Tholen, Ralph Perotta, Jen Hardy, John Graziano, Paul Allen, Ann Shea, Jim Campbell, Gary Parker, Lisa Stoyle, Mike Tropeano, Mike Cavalear, Colleen Wainwright, Dan Sullivan, John Trudeau, Bill Mello.

REGISTRAR'S REPORT
Two registration dates will be held in May and Late Registration in July. Internet registration should be active by May 15th. If a U6/U7/U8 registration form does not indicate a coach/team request, we will put them on a new team. Dave Carter to administer a survey to determine if U10s are interested in playing in-town recreation instead of travel.

SECRETARY'S REPORT
Minutes from March and April 2007 meeting were reviewed and accepted. Reports ACCEPTED.

CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS UPDATE
Plan for field leveling and new snack bar has been drawn up by Land Planning of Hanson and was submitted to Dick White. Dick White to talk to principal at Hobomock. Town may have some money in next fiscal years budget to pave the dirt road. DPW will work with us to make the road wider. Jen Hardy volunteered to help with the lease.

SPRING CALENDAR RAFFLES
Firm cutoff date will be 5/12/2007. Possibly the following Monday to tally up the raffles.

SAFETY COMMITTEE
Deb working with athletic trainer to put booklet together for first aid. First Aid kits to be created.

PYS SCHOLARSHIPS
PYS awarded four scholarships. 19 people applied. 75% were of the applicants were from outside of P.H.S. Names will be announced at the awards night.

TREASURER'S REPORT
CD matured and is now in checking account. $2179 in ref fees paid. Snack Bar made $250 so far in the spring but recently bought a lot of supplies. Believe having games on the turf field is impacting revenue. $1,650 was paid for the U10 clinic for April. It was mentioned that the snack bar was having refrigerator issues and what equipment we may be able to get a hold of. Report ACCEPTED.

COACHING EDUCATION REPORT
A parent had reported that they were a little late picking up their child from the U10 clinic and everyone had left. Bill Tholen spoke to Paul Turner and the parents and it's possible that the child was behind the snack bar and was not seen. Bill mentioned that the NSCAA will be offering some goalkeeper coaching classes in Newton in June and August which he will forward via email.

COASTAL REPORT
Fran reported that people are not reporting their scores. Make-ups for April need to be played by May 15th. A reminder that MTOC rosters will be needed. Question was raised regarding the U14 special 8 playoff format. 2 teams form group A qualify as do 2 teams from the weaker group B. Is it fair to give 2 playoff spots to a weaker group.

REF COORDINATOR REPORT
Ref Coordinator not present.

NEW BUSINESS

U6-U7-U8 JAMBOREE
Mike Tropeano to order U7/U8 trophies and U6 medals. Mike will also talk to baseball about coordinating schedules.

WORLD CUP SOCCER CAMP
Dean coming down on May 19th to do clinics for players/coaches/parents.

FIELD RENTAL
Dave was approached by a men's league team who needed a field to play 5 games during the spring on Sundays. This was a limited time opportunity so Dave made the deal for $500.

BU12 ISSUE
Parent of BU12 player approached several board members regarding issue. They were assigned to B1 team but didn't like the position their child was playing so they stopped going to practices/games. Now they wanted to be placed on a different team. PYS Board decided player should be invited back to the team they were originally assigned to. John Trudeau to make call.

MEETING ADJOURNED 8:56 PM NEXT MEETING June 13, 2007