PEMBROKE YOUTH SOCCER
June 9, 2005

ATTENDEES: Dave Carter, Lisa Stoyle, Ann Shea, Bill Tholen, Cathi Quigg, Paul Allen, Ken Blasser, Mike Cavalear, Fran Squatrito, Mike     Tropeano, Bill Keeler, Dan Sullivan, Jim Campbell, Mary Sullivan

SECRETARY'S REPORT: Notes from May 2005 meeting were accepted and put on file.

TREASURER'S REPORT: Lisa Stoyle provided a written Treasurer's report showing a Balance Sheet as of 6/7/2005 and an Income & Expenses Comparison, June through July, for this fiscal year compared to the previous year. A report showing the checking account activity since the May meeting was also provided. So far we have a $1,300 profit on clothing sales. Discussed the paper work for tax-exempt and non-profit status. Records of what was done previously and not in the best order. Advised we may need to get an attorney and accountant to straighten out tax-exempt and non-profit status situation. Treasurer's report was accepted.

OLD BUSINESS:

FIELD MAINTENANCE: Over $10,000 in the field maintenance fund. Bill Keeler provided handout entitled "2005 Field Maintenance Wish List / Field Cleanup Job List" which listed five items for us to consider. Summary:

1) Bleachers are in poor shape. Would like to replace one per year. Approximately $1100 to $1700 for simple aluminum bleachers.
2) Power vent for Snack Bar, thermostatically controlled.
3) Finish Painting Goals
4) Grass Issues. Sod had mixed results. Want to aerate and apply sand, seed fertilizer.
5) Drainage on Field 2B. Idea of installing drainage system (trenches, PVC, crushed stone. Not sure how much it will help. Will be lots of work.

Board Consensus: Mike Cavalear volunteered to look at field #3 bleachers. Tabled item #1 pending Mike's investigation. Will move forward on all remaining items.

Bill Keeler suggested having general cleanup day on the weekend on June 18th/19th. Will need a separate weekend, June 25th and 26th, and a good volunteer commitment to complete item #5.

SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS: There were 22 scholarship applications received. The $500 awards went to Alex Piche, Jessica McGrath, Mike Reilly, and Andrew Sterns.

REGISTRAR'S REPORT: Ann Shea reported that we're up to 727 registered after 3 registration days which is slightly ahead of last year.

COACHING ED. REPORT: Bill Tholen discussed the Mass Youth Soccer Skills Patch program and would like to implement it in Pembroke. The program awards patches when a player achieves a certain level in juggling, shooting, passing, and dibbling. There are 5 levels in all.

Bill would also like to start a Juggling Club like many other towns have done. This program would reward players who achieve a certain number of juggles. We discussed how to recognize these achievements. Ideas included patches, paper certificates, t-shirts, and recognition on the webiste. Bill said that we should have the parents sign a form to give us permission to put the players information on the website and for them to indicate on the form what how to identify the child (i.e. First Name, First and Last, anonymous, etc). Bill will do a little more research and present at next meeting.

We will be hosting an "E" course in August and a "G" course in September.

Bill received an e-mail for some NSCAA courses being held at Lasell College and he forwarded to the coaches e-mail list. There a Goalkeeping Level I, Level II, and a Regional Diploma course. Bill plans on attending.

COASTAL REPORT: No report

REFEREE REPORT: Mary Sullivan reported that there were 47 games rescheduled last season. There were some complaints which ranged from U7 to higher games.

Mary would like to start a mentor program in the fall where experienced refs would shadow new refs on their first game to give them support.

There will be a Grade 8 & Grade 9 course in Plymouth over the June 25th weekend.

NEW BUSINESS:

2005-2006 Coordinators The following coordinators were considered for a 1 year term ending 6/2006.

U6 - Dave Carter U7 - Dan Sullivan / Scott Tripp
U8 - Mike Tropeano
GU10 - Bill Cullity BU10 - Deb Bostwick
GU12 - Bill Keeler BU12 - John Trudeau
GU14 - Jim Campbell BU14 - Marty Ford
PKH Girls - Kevin Winters PKH Boys - Paul Allen

VOTED - APPROVED

2005-2006 Sponsors The current sponsorship committee consists of 2 people. Looking to expand. Working on revised form.

U7/U8 Jamboree Coordinators had Jamboree meeting. All U8 coaches represented and some U7s. Will start at 9AM. Will be trophies. Discussed potential trash issues.

Briefly discussed potential changes to the U7/U8 format. Need to meet separately to discuss.

MEETING ADJOURNED AT  9:53PM